Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing the implementation of KMW software projects and consulting engagements. The Technical PM works closely with the engineering team on the day to day delivery and execution of complex, mission critical search and enterprise software solutions. The individual also works closely with customers to manage the scope and quality of the solution along with all required project communications such as status, risk and delivery.
- Delivering high quality solutions on time and on budget
- Creates and maintains project plans, project budgets, sprint boards, project documentation, and status reports.
- Managing the work of the development teams to ensure optimal resource utilization
- Responsible for the collecting and defining customer business needs and generation of documentation and Statements of work.
- Performs systems analyst work to define and document application objectives, systems requirements and performance measurements
- Identifies and mitigates project risks; and provides support for evaluating project cost and schedule progress
- Provide input to engineering team on the technical suitability of the methods, tools, and techniques applied in work performance
- Document and communicate the solution’s application and hardware design, points of integration, as well as the current state and approach for development, testing, and deployment efforts.
- Successfully negotiate with clients on technical matters, and manage client expectations
- 3-5 years experience as a software project manager for customer facing projects. Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference in Business, or Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with search engines / search platforms: Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr, Google, Fast, Endeca
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, , etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- PMP Certification
- Software development experience
- Management of projects with distributed teams of developers
If you’re interested in the position or would just like to find out more information fill out the form below and we’ll contact you soon. Note: CVs/Resumes can also be submitted via email at a later date.