Search Consultant / Java Developer
Design and develop Search based Java applications for customers. Add new features and enhance existing solutions. Triage and help debug issues as they come up. Work within a team of talented and experienced professionals.
- Develop software to meet business objectives
- Design and estimate work deliverables based on stated requirements
- Test and document all software produced
- Troubleshoot issues, see problems through to resolution
- Investigate and research tools and technologies for achieving goals
- Communicate effectively with team members, customers and stakeholders
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Programming Languages: 2-4 years experience with Java required, additional experience with objected oriented languages a plus
- Understanding of common Java based build systems such as (maven, ant, gradle)
- Experience with common Java frameworks
- Experience with test driven development with JUnit.
- Technologies: JSON, Relational Databases, RESTful web services, Unix Command Line, Git
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Two or more years of experience writing software professionally
- Experience with search engines / NoSql platforms, such as: Elasticsearch. Solr. Fast ESP, Endeca, Autonomy MongoDB, Cassandra
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with Atlassian Suite of Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- Experience contributing to an open source project.
- Experience with processing large amounts of text and natural language processing
- Experience with data analytics
If you’re interested in the position or would just like to find out more information fill out the form below and we’ll contact you soon. Note: CVs/Resumes can also be submitted via email at a later date.